At General Timber, Inc. all of our lumber comes with two types of preservatives to put a stop to biological wood deterioration. The proper penetration and retention of preservatives in your wood are essential for a long service life. You may choose between Creosote Pressure Treatment and CCA for a practical, maintenance-free style.
About Creosote and CCA Pressure Treatment:
- Protects wood for more than five times its normal life.
- Treatment meeting or exceeding AWAPA specifications forces Creosote deep into the wood for maximum durability.
- It has been the industry standard for over 100 years.
- When used for livestock fencing and enclosures, the problem of “cribbiting” is eliminated.
- About CCA (Chromated Copper Arsenate)
- CCA is a clean, odorless preservative and can stand the test of time.
- Offers you a 20 to 30 year service life.
- Light green in appearance, but will fade to a natural look after several years of weathering.
- Since it is a water-based product, it is much easier to work with.
- No bleeding or leeching and it can be painted or stained.
- “Pressure impregnated” into the cellular structure of the wood.
- It is the only material graded for appearance and strength to give you the highest quality product.
Whether you choose Creosote or CCA, you will be assured of the most versatile and long-lasting, pressure treated product available. From us to you, General Timber, Inc. is a full-service company that meets the needs of our customers. Providing high-quality products at competitive prices.