Designed for ranch and farm applications, General Timber’s pressure treated wood fencing may be among the most satisfying and practical investments you make for your property. Built to last, the boards, posts, and rails we produce come with quality-assurance and a clean conscience, thanks to the earth-friendly way we have done business for over 40 years. We do our part to reforest as we acquire our wood, ensuring clean air and animal habitats remain available for future generations.
See below for information about the different styles of pressure treated fencing we offer, and be sure to do the necessary research before purchasing. Home-owners associations may have regulations in place regarding the use of wood fencing such as this, and the responsibility to know and follow these rules ultimately falls on the landowner. We’re happy to assist you in any way we can, and include MSDS sheets to you at the time of purchase.
About the Posts:
- Available in either 6’x6″ half rounds or 4″x4″ squares for a more symmetrical look
- The top diameter of the half round posts is between 5.5″ and 6.5″
- Planted at 2½ feet depth
- Posts are always spaced every 8 feet
*Some customers choose a 4×4 post to get the “square symmetrical” look. They are also spaced on 8 foot centers.
About the Boards:
All boards are 1″x6″ 16ft long, rough sawn lumber, and treated in either Creosote or CCA. These boards span perfectly over each 8-foot fence section.
Available configurations include:
- 4 Board – Ideal for animal/livestock control, tight 6″ spacing
- 3 Board- Another great choice for livestock/privacy, 9″ spacing
- 2 Board- Commonly used for riding/work areas, no standard spacing, normally set waist height
- 1 Board with Wire- Generally used by a livestock owner only for the “back forty,” this config. offers one board across the top of the fence, with wire filling the gap below. While this option isn’t much less expensive than a 3 or 4 Board config, it is virtually maintenance free. There are many types of wire to choose from. This option is one of functionality over looks, keeping animals in and keeping unwanted animals out.